Thursday, February 28, 2013

Swatches: Sinful Colors Almost Famous Collection (pic heavy)

I am loving the Almost Famous collection! I had to drive almost 30 minutes away to get these bad boys and now I regret not snapping up the whole collection. Why, oh why must my town be notoriously bad about getting LE collections in their stores? WHY?!?!?!

And don't get me started on the fact that we don't have a Rite Aid anywhere in the state. ::mutters to self::

Moving on! Here's the display I found:



It seems the bottom row is the actual collection and someone filled in the top row with random polishes. Since I haven't seen any other displays, I can't say for sure.

I picked up 5 of the 8 available LE shades. This post is a bit pic heavy -- I needed several shots to accurately show the colors.


In the Sunlight:








In the Shade:








All of these polishes have a good formula for glitter with great coverage. All were swatched with two coats, but if you used a base color I don't think you'd need a second glitter coat at all (except possibly with Lush Life).

Star Dust: Deep purple circle micro-glitter with larger magenta circles in a sheer purple base.

Call You Later: Lime green and gold micro-glitter with larger forest green circles in a clear base. 

As a side note, it's interesting that this color is the only SC I've seen that has a cap with a smoother surface than usual and no SC on the top. I don't know if I got an oddball or what, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Lush Life: Fine and larger aqua circle glitter in a clear base. 

Poparazzi: Fine purpley-magenta glitter in a clear base.

In the Spotlight: This one is pretty interesting and it's hard to pin down the colors -- it's like my eye couldn't take it all in at once! To my eye it looks like seafoam green micro-glitter with larger aqua, yellow, hot pink, and magenta circle glitter in a barely tinted, pale seafoam base.




No comments:

Post a Comment