Friday, February 22, 2013

50 Random Facts About Me

One of my favorite bloggers, Lipglossiping, recently posted 50 Random Facts About Me (ahem, her) on her blog here. She invited her readers to do the same. Since we're all getting to know each other here, I thought it'd be nice to give you all a better idea of who I am. Plus, this is fun! You should definitely drop a few tidbits about yourselves in the comments below.

Here we go!


  1. I'm very organized at heart, but my family is super messy, which makes me often just give up. Makes me nuts.
  2. My ultimate favorite bands are The Beatles and Nirvana.
  3. I used to write X-Files fanfiction under a pseudonym. The great reviews made me want to write professionally.
  4. When I grow up I want to be a writer or a singer. Or both.
  5. I can drink a whole bottle of wine in one sitting. Preferably white.
  6. I've been with my husband for nearly 18 years. We dated in high school and got married 9 years later.
  7. I sing karaoke as often as possible and I plan to audition for American Idol someday soon.
  8. I'm terrified I'm not living my life to its fullest potential. Aren't we all, though.
  9. I often wonder what music would be like today if John Lennon and Kurt Cobain had lived. I'm also not 100% convinced that Kurt Cobain actually killed himself.
  10. Cake, cookies, and cheesecake are like crack to me. Can't bring 'em into the house.
  11. I used to tan very well when I was a kid, but now I mostly just burn. I've resigned myself to looking like a ghost haunting my house.
  12. My dog jumps around, whining and licking everything in sight when she gets excited. It makes me absolutely nuts.
  13. I get choked up all the time, much to my embarrassment. I was teary-eyed at Disney last night when the fireworks display lit up Cinderella's castle and "When You Wish Upon a Star" played. I'm ridiculous.
  14. I follow "suggested video" links on YouTube until I'm in that weird part of the internet, but I can't stop the horror show. I hope my computer is never confiscated -- it all looks pretty dodgy when you take it out of context. 
  15. I think the Socially Awkward Penguin meme was written for me.
  16. I always hit the "q" key when I mean to type a "g" in the beginning of a word, and vice versa.
  17. Language is multi-layered to me. Words have a lot of beauty and visual appeal. Sentences have to look and sound a certain way for me to be satisfied.
  18. I'm a very visual person. My eyeshadows and polishes have to be visible or I won't think to use them.
  19. I'm an "I love you, man!" drunk. I also overshare a lot and drone on and on about how I can improve my life when I've had a little too much with my closest friends. They deserve a medal.
  20. When I'm telling an anecdote I always try to make my stories short and sweet because I hate feeling like people are bored and tuning me out. As a result, my stories are sometimes convoluted and longer than they should be. Doh!
  21. I hate video games (except Super Mario Brothers, which I can own anyone in), but I'm completely addicted to World of Warcraft. Horde FTW!
  22. I used to never watch TV, but now I'm hooked on about a million shows.
  23. I've been decorating cakes since 1998
  24. I'm 34, but feel like I'm still a teenager. Once in a while I step back, take a look at my life, and wonder who put me in charge of a household and kids.
  25. I'm so grateful I grew up in the 80's and 90's as opposed to today. 
  26. In high school I dressed like a cast member of Clueless or grunged out, depending on my mood.
  27. Speaking of Clueless, my husband and I saw it on our first date.
  28. I never used to be a makeup and polish junkie, but am now. 
  29. Also, 3 years ago my makeup could fit in a medium sized makeup bag. Now? No freakin' way.
  30. I'm terrified of heights and very small spaces. Even seeing these things on TV makes my heart race and palms sweat.
  31. I'm from Evansville, Indiana but I've lived in Virginia and Florida since I was 13.
  32. I was a Navy brat.
  33. I'm in love with all things vintage.
  34. I collect cameos, vintage makeup (for display), and souvenir pressed pennies.
  35. I think tattoos on most women can look awesome, but for me I think I'd look like a poser.
  36. I got married in the middle of a hurricane. On the beach.
  37. I find book stores and libraries to be extremely inspirational.
  38. I moved in with my husband's family senior year so I could graduate with my class. My family moved to Florida at the end of my Junior year and I turned 18 over the summer.
  39. I've been enrolled in 13 different schools. 
  40. I never liked boy bands.
  41. I used to know a woman and her mother who painted a streak of nail polish on the backs of roaches they saw in their house. If they saw a painted roach, they knew it had it's one chance to live, so they killed it. Unpainted ones were chased around the house with a bottle of polish. 
  42. I often get really pumped up about a project, only to lose interest within a few days. I consider it to be my worst character flaw.
  43. I love writing, singing, reading, making miniature houses and furniture (especially haunted houses), and about a million other things. I have a TON of interests.
  44. I've been majorly obsessed with vampires since I was a little kid. This new-ish trend of vamp love in movies, books, etc. is amazing.
  45. I read Gone With the Wind in 7th grade. The movie and The Wizard of Oz were my most-rented movies when I was around 6 and 7.
  46. I have girl crushes on Audrey Hepburn, Adele, Zooey Deschenel, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, and Helena Bonham Carter.
  47. I was a geek at heart before it was cool. 
  48. I think if I was rich I might have a teensy shopoholic problem. Good thing I'm broke as a joke! 
  49. Everyone thinks they're going to be married forever but I really believe I'm one of the lucky few who will make it. Some people would think that's a curse but I'm cool with it. :)
  50. If I loved a movie I could watch it back to back for days and never get tired of it. I can't really do that anymore and wouldn't want to.

Whew! That was a long list. If you have a blog link for your 50 Random Facts... Tag! You're it!


No comments:

Post a Comment