Friday, March 1, 2013

More Sinful Colors Almost Famous Collection Swatches!

I just couldn't resist. I had to go hunt down the rest of this collection! My poor polish rack (and wallet) are suffering from all the polishes I've been accumulating lately, but how could I say no to these adorable glitters? Besides, I couldn't show you only part of the collection, could I?

Of course not! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

On to the pictures! It was overcast and dreary all day today, so all of these pics were taken in the shade.







And now the whole collection. Keep in mind that the glitters look more opaque in real life, with the exception of Lush Life. That one's opacity is represented well here. All swatches are two coats with no top or base coat.




Fantasy: pale lilac micro-glitter with larger multi-colored circle glitter. This shade is basically In the Spotlight with a pale lilac micro-glitter base instead of seafoam.

*Super Star: blue-green micro-glitter mixed with larger purple glitter in a blue jelly base. The end effect looks like teal shimmer with scattered purple glitter when you look at it in most lights.

Show Stopping: Small holo and pale pink glitter in a clear base. This one is pretty in the sunlight! I've read from several bloggers that it's a near dupe for OPI Teenage Dream and almost an exact dupe for Sally Hanson's X-treme Wear Strobe Light. I wish I had these colors to swatch and compare!

The Lowdown: All in all, I think this is a great glitter collection. It's nice that none are from the core collection or repromoted LE shades from past collections. The formulas were a bit thick on some, but I didn't have any exceptional trouble with any of them and I didn't find myself fishing for glitter. As far as colors go, there were some with interesting combinations that I didn't have previously in my collection and they were all packed pretty well with glitter. I think most of these would be amazing over a colored base. They're definitely worth the $2 price tag and the treasure hunt that goes along with finding them (that's half the fun, right? I keep telling myself that, haha!)

*Super Star is part of the Walgreens "Almost Famous" display while Bombshell is part of Rite Aid's "Paparazzi" display. This is the only difference between the two collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment