Friday, March 8, 2013

Archie's Girls in the Florida Mall

As I mentioned before, I was in Orlando about three weeks ago for a little staycation. We only live about 2 1/2 hours away, but it's like a completely different world down there! For one thing, the shopping is amazing. A lot of the stores most people take for granted are places my behind have never been. I'm looking at you, Ikea, Macy's, LUSH, Bloomingdales, Urban Outfitters, etc. I'm so deprived.

Among all the things that I don't have in my town is MAC. We're super fortunate enough to have a Cosmetics Company Outlet, but the nearest store is almost an hour away. I know my wallet thanks me for the modest amount of stores convenient to me! But having no MAC, Sephora, or Ulta means more than missing out on sales and blissful browsing when the mood strikes; It also means I miss out on all the events!

So imagine my excitement when I saw MAC setting up in the middle of the mall, across from their store, for an Archie's Girls event. I squeed. I clapped. I made a doof of myself to my husband. "Mr. Swag!" I squealed. "I can't believe my luck!" That I so happened to be in the right place, at the right time... Well, it was too awesome! It was too perfect!

It was too good to be true.

Yep, as I watched to see when the event was supposed to start I began to notice something very, very wrong. They were only adjusting the lights, right? Repositioning them? There was just no way fate was that cruel. They couldn't be taking everything down -- right? And the ladies weren't really packing their makeup and tools away -- were they?

So it was with a sad heart that I realized I'd missed the first and only exciting makeup event I would likely see in a very long time. Insert a quartet of tiny violins here.

It wasn't a total bust though. I did manage to get some pictures with some of the props they'd left behind. I'll get to a makeup event someday! I may even get to IMATS. Woah. That would be A-mazing! In the meantime, hope you enjoy my consolation pics!


With my baby sister! 


No comments:

Post a Comment