Saturday, March 30, 2013

Same blog, new name

Hey everyone! Just wanted to quickly update you about a small change with the blog which I'm sure you've already noticed. I decided to change the name of the blog for a couple of reasons from Swag, Baby! to It's Pink Wednesday. I had this semi-layered idea of what swag, baby! meant, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that no one else would have the same associations. In my mind it meant style with a retro vibe as well as loot (as in hauls). Everyone else would associate it with the slang version of "swag" rather than the classic sense. In the end, it all just seemed like it didn't fit for anyone but me.

I wanted a simple Pink Wednesday, but that seems to be taken all over the interwebs, so now we have It's Pink Wednesday. Most of you already know this is a Mean Girls reference, which to me evokes a sense of style and fun girly-ness. Plus it has a personal double meaning to me -- I'm a bit like Wednesday Addams on the inside and an anything pink addict, girly girl on the outside. But of course that only makes sense to me!

In other news, I'm working on a YouTube channel and lining up all my social media to correspond with the blog. I'll post another update when all that is complete. So excited about the changes!

And by the way, you can sit with us even if you forget to wear pink. :D

PS: I've decided to leave all old posts up with the Swag, Baby! watermarked pictures, but of course they're all still my work. Just wanted to point this out in case they turn up again in future posts for any reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment